Active Campaign is a newer email marketing program. Active Campaign took some of the great qualities of the higher-priced email marketing systems and added it into the budget of a small business.
Active Campaign has some advantages and disadvantages that will determine if this program is the right one for you.
- For having so many features, Active Campaign is surprisingly easy to use.
- Active Campaign has many different design tools that allow a novice to create beautiful forms and templates.
- Includes form captures which saves you money by not having to buy additional software.
- Automatic email sends if someone signs up on your form.
- It has both the automatic series as well as triggered events.
- It includes a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool. This is a HUGE benefit!
- It integrates well with many different applications which allows you to tie your marketing and other business functions together.
- Active Campaign gives you a 14-day free trial to see if the program is right for you.
- Pricing for Active Campaign for the Plus program already includes up to 25 users.
- Because it has more features, Active Campaign does take longer to set up.
- Active Campaign does cost more for additional functionality. The Plus program starts at $55 month up to 2500 contacts and goes up to $319 per month up to 25,000 contacts. Note: Most small businesses have less than 5,000 total contacts.
WHO IS ACTIVE CAMPAIGN BEST FOR?
- Companies that want to have their sales and marketing teams actively work their list using a CRM.
- Marketers that want the big bang benefits of the biggers guys like Ontraport and InfusionSoft, but want to pay less.
- Marketers who will take the time to create sales funnels and triggers.
- Sales/marketers that will take the time to update and use a CRM.
- Marketers who will take the time to segment lists.